August 22, 2009

Who am I and why am I doing this?

The first part of this question is easy. I am a science teacher in a public high school in the Bronx. I am a truly native New Yorker and a product of the NYC public school system. I am also someone who has been active in progressive/left politics for as long as I can remember (the term used to be "red diaper baby").

The second part is harder. What do I have to add to the vast noise in the bloggesphere? I don't know, but my voice is not there now. The funny thing is the final impetus for me was watching "Julie and Julia". I mean if people can be moved by someone cooking all of Julia Childs recipes in one year then I should be able to reach some people out there.

I will write about what I observe in my life, cause isn't that what this is really all about. I promise NOT to write about my current school, administration, co-workers or students because I really don't want to piss off people I have to work with every day. I also will not write about my wife or our relationship. So if it is personal dirt you want go to TMZ or some other gossip site.

1 comment:

  1. I did 35 years in the system and also am a native and went to school in Brooklyn.

    Welcome to the blogging world. My blog is just completing its 3rd year.

    I also saw Julie and Julia. You noticed the obsession? It's totally true. The blog is like having a child. Be careful. I wasn't and feel like I always have homework to do to keep up.

    But the fact you have a progressive history is important. Stay in touch with other progressives through my blog and other links.

    Norm

    ReplyDelete